Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Very Special Cake

Intermittently I will be posting pictures of the cakes that I have been making. Cake decorating has really become a passion of mine and I intend to pursue a possible career in it.

This is a cake I made for a 60th wedding anniversary. These people are very near and dear to my heart and I wanted to make it extra special for them. The topper was white chocolate as were the "P" in front and "60" on the sides. The icing was snow white buttercream on white cake. The roses were also buttercream icing. The scroll decorations on the side of the cake were glitter clear gel (which in hindsight I should have used white icing instead). The bottom layer was a 8 inch and the top was a 6 inch, both were torted and filled with my version of a Bavarian cream filling. My goal will always be for my cakes to not only look good, but taste great as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment