Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pondering

I attended the funeral of my best friend's mom a while back. I've been to so many funerals. Most of them being my grandparents. I was young at the time and didn't fully comprehend what a funeral was for. In my simply understanding of the process, I thought it was what you did so you could bury the person. Since then  I've grow a bit older (and wiser). You see funerals in a whole new light with added years on your heart and soul. I believe you learn a lot more about a person at their funeral. Or at least you learn what other people saw in the life of their deceased loved one. It makes you think about how others perceive you. Not in the trivial things like what kind of clothes you wore or how big your house and paycheck were. I'm talking about the heart of the matter, the heart. What they think about your character. I don't think I want to wait until the funeral of a loved one to express to others what I thought about that loved one. In a study we did called "30 Days to Live", it changes your whole perspective on life. Imagine if you only had 30 days to live. I imagine I would be calling up everyone I knew and loved and tell them just how much I loved them and what they meant to me. I would also want to live a life that others would be proud of me. Not just other people, but my God first and foremost. I want to live a life according to what God has called me to do. A thought process has begun in my mind. I wonder??

No comments:

Post a Comment