Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Prep part 1

Let me start by saying that Christmas is my favorite time of year. I remember so many Christmas holidays from when I was a child. It's not the presents I remember, but the traditions, the smells, the shows, and the foods. I also love that Christmas is a time of giving. There is something about giving that makes me look outside myself and focus on others. I have a few ideas on how I'm going to teach this principle to my children this year. More on that later.

It been a tradition for our family to start with Christmas as soon as Thanksgiving is over. Some of us *wink wink* start on Thanksgiving day as soon as the turkey has been consumed. With all the black Friday shopping and work, this household waited until the weekend to begin the merriment of pulling the decorations out of the attic. Ayden and I started early with a foam gingerbread house. Ayden was so proud to help.
Then we ventured outside to watch daddy put the lights on the outside of the house. I caught a few heartwarming smiles while we waited.
It takes some dedication untangling the lights and replacing broken bulbs. (I'm just glad I didn't have to do it, ;)
I claim no responsibility for his attire, hehe. Ayden is independent and I am proud to support his creativity. He did have a clear box on his head and he said he was an alien. He cracks me up!
This is one of several attempts Logan made to get up on all fours. I think this is the beginning of walking if I'm not mistaken. I'm in no rush for this little guy to take off. He can take all the time he wants.
Dedication, dedication, dedication...
And boy did it pay off.
There are still a few things to do on the outside and many, many things to do on the inside. Parts 2 through how ever many it takes to get this done, coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment