Sunday, January 3, 2010

Light

I read a sign today advertising a local church and this statement caught my eye. "Times are changing... we are not." I'm not entirely sure what they meant by that, but let me tell you what it means to me. When I hear something like that it makes me think of those selective clicks where only few are welcomed. I thought that was more along the lines of a motto for a country club, not a church. Now, like I said, I'm not entirely sure what they intended to say. I can only go by how I understood it.

It is a bit of a coincidence that our speaker's topic today was about fitting in with the world to let them see our light. I'm not talking about doing ungodly things to fit in. But working hard and making a difference and being joyful about it. So instead of complaining about that boss that is a jerk, be cheerful. Give your problems over to God so you can focus on the important task of being a light in the darkness.

I am completely guilty of complaining about work. I don't always speak it, but internally and I'm sure that comes across through my attitude. I wonder how much of a difference it would make in the lives of my coworkers if I came in with a joyful attitude about the work to be done, and do it to the best of my abilities as unto the Lord. Actions make an impact. You can preach all you want to, but if they never see action it will never be real to them. I am so thankful that God is a God of second chances.

I will choose to be a light and warmth to a world of people lost in darkness and cold.

The truth is, times are changing... and people are still looking for truth in all places. When they are tired and worn from opening empty packages of the world, I want to be there to offer them truth and a hope to cling to. The greatest gift we were ever given was Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment