Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Take That McDonalds!

We were in Walmart the other day and Ayden asked for Micky D's. I told him no and to avoid a total meltdown I told him we would make something special for dinner.

I used cookie cutters on chicken tenders to make special shaped "nuggets". I would advise that once you use the cookie cutters for this, you shouldn't use them for cookies again. And in hindsight, chicken breast would be easier/better to use. I only got one shape per cutlet. The rest of the meat I cut into small bit size pieces.


Egg and flour (I didn't season the flour like I normally do. I didn't think Ayden needed the extra salt, plus he was going to use dipping sauce.) If I would have had whole wheat flour on hand I would have used it instead. I did add some crushed oats to give it a little more nutritional value.



I know that frying is not the best so next time I'll find a recipe for baking them.



I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the final product. They turned out very well. Next time I will try and use simpler shapes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment