Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Poor Baby

Logan has been sick for about two days now. He had fever and a stuffy nose. The fever only came on in the middle of night. So the last few nights I've had the joy of sitting up with him, keeping him upright so he could sleep better. The only benefit of him being sick is that he is extra cuddly. This is why I say the joy of sitting up with him. He lays limp against my chest letting me rock him. Being that it was the middle of the night and everyone else was asleep it gave me time to sit and enjoy him. I know and understand all to well that he is growing everyday. I take this time to memorize his adorable changing eyes (we are still not sure what color they will be), those chubby cheeks and toothless smile (which won't be toothless for long). I breath in the soft baby fragrance that doesn't last nearly long enough. Soon, I'm sure he'll smell like a frog, similar to his older brother. I can't imagine him being my last baby. But that's a story for another time. For now I can just hug him tight and make him feel better. Last night he had no fever and he slept great. I'm so thankful for all the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment