Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 24

This month I'm studying 30 days of who God is. Today He is: The Resurrection and the Life. Based in John 11:17-27

The story picks up 4 days after Lazarus had passed. Jesus had purposely taken his time in getting there. He was greeted by Martha. She offered a stinging statement that Lazarus would not have died had Jesus been there sooner. Jesus told her that he brother would rise again. He said "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die." And then he asked her if she believed that. And she did.

Martha had faith that Jesus could have saved her brother. Jesus brought her into a deeper faith by revealing that He is the resurrection and the life.

God really spoke to me this morning through this story. I tend to say "I know God has brought me out of the depths, but I wish he would have done it sooner."

The plans he has for our lives often involve greater things than we can ever imagine. Like bringing the dead to life.

From today on I will no longer say "If only" but I will choose to say "I believe".

Romans 8:38-39 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


(unless I mention otherwise I am reading from the TNIV. I am also currently following the 30 days of "he is" reading plan from that version)

No comments:

Post a Comment