Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 29

I can't believe I'm so close to finishing this month. (Although for you guys it's only been a few days) I cannot tell you the joy this brings me. It might seem like a little thing, on the contrary... IT IS HUGE! Because I am not a finisher. I can not finish most things I start. I'm working on this character flaw and pushing through. I don't have a structured plan for what I'm going to study after tomorrow. I am leaning towards the book of Daniel... We'll see where God leads.

He is: Death's Destroyer  2 Timothy 1:8-10

I first have to back up to verse 7. After writing the intro I went back and reread to make sure I touched on all the points that moved me. And then I read verse 7 to make sure I didn't miss anything...(this is how cool God is) "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." HA I wish you could feel my excitement!

Anyways, ahem, moving on... 
8"So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God, 9who has saved us and called us to a holy life- not because of anything we have done by because of his own purpose and grace."  12" that is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day." 

This passage was written to Timothy by Paul. Paul was in prison at the time and nearing the end of his life here on earth. Paul reminded the church that our physical death is not the end, but only the beginning of our eternal life with Christ. Jesus defeated death on the cross. You can put your confidence in him whom you've trusted your eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment