Monday, September 13, 2010

Days 26, 27 & 28

In other words, my whirlwind of a weekend! This weekend has been so busy. But I was still able to at least tune into my verses each day. Every subject for every day this weekend (for most of the 30 days as well) has been right on target... exactly what I needed to hear, when I needed to hear it. I hope you can gain something from it as well...

Day 26
He is: Testing your work      1 Corinthians 3:10-15
Here Paul was stressing the importance of laying a solid foundation. The only sure foundation is Jesus Christ. Anything not built on him will burn away. He also mentions building materials. Whatever you choose to build with will be put to the test of fire. The quality will be tested and the builder will either receive his reward, or suffer loss.

This really makes me think about what I'm investing my time into. With all the busyness of my days and weeks, am I wasting my time, or am I using it wisely?


When Jesus tests your work with fire, what will be left?

1 Corinthians 3:19 "For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight."

Day 27
He is: In me    Galatians 2:20

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lived in me. This life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Wow, this one really cut me to the quick. I mentioned that each day the meaning of these verses came a just the right time. Well, today I was really dealing with some self worth issues. I still carry around a lot of baggage. And although I do know in my head that God has already removed that from my claim, I still find myself coming back to it. I think of it as ghost pains. We've heard that when someone loses a limb, they still sometimes feel pain as if the limb was still there. Just like those ghost pains, I still carry that invisible baggage on my shoulders and it causes a lot of undue stress.

Paul looked upon his past life as dead. With confidence he could say that Christ lived in him.

Let me ask you this question, "Have you crucified your old life so that Christ can have full freedom to live and reign in you?"

I know that I hadn't. But now that I've read this passage, I can honestly claim that my past is dead. Whenever thoughts come up I have the scripture to shoo them away. "I am crucified with Christ and yet I live, not I but Christ who lives within me. His cross will never ask for more than I can bear." (Yes, that's a Phillips, Craig, and Dean song. And yes, I did sing that over and over while reading this verse.)

BTW, Galatians chapter 3 was really cool. You should go read it!


Day 28
He is: In control (Can I get an Amen? Thank you God for being in control, I was getting kind of tired of it anyway)
Philippians 3:19-21

Today (Monday) was my first day back at boot camp. I have been thoroughly enjoying the exercise, but eating is my major downfall. I am a recovering binge eater and so it's a huge hurdle for me to write down every food that enters my mouth. God is so awesome though. I've never experienced him this up close and personal. When I take that time to seek him out, he's always been right there to talk with.

OK, so I'm having trouble with food... AND here was today's message for me...

verse 19"Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."

Isn't God cool. I don't believe in coincidence. Therefore the fact that you are reading this right now is no coincidence.

My Devo says "Many professing Christians pursue earthly things, allowing their 'appetites' ( haha, God made a funny) to hold sway over their lives."

I'm so thankful that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment