Wednesday, November 2, 2011

24 Days of "I'm thankful for.."

November is the most "thankful" month of the year in my opinion. Thanksgiving makes sure of that! I'm working on having a grateful heart 365 days a year though, and so I thought, "what better way than to start this month off with a good habit?" I missed yesterday so I'll add two today.

I'm SO thankful that we finally got around to making our bi-annual family reunion in Louisiana. It's so wonderful to see all the family and get the little cousins together often. It's also great to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. We miss the camp fires and smore's. A billion stars that light up the sky instead of city lights. Not to mention GREAT food! We were unable to go in March this year so you can imagine how anxious we were to load up the car and go! This time around we didn't get to fish, but we did get to eat bear meat! Tastes like lean beef.

I'm also thankful that Halloween only comes once a year. It's on the same day every day time so I should know when to start working on the costumes. But nevertheless, I waited til last minute as usual. I think this year was one of our best. The kids were Mario and Luigi of course. Two superhero brothers! Michael decided to play Wario, the bad guy. He had a heck of a time finding overalls that fit. I was a lesser know character, but one you've probably seen before. He does have a name, which surprised me, Lakitu. Anyhow we took the kids to a church festival this year and skipped the typical trick or treating. Good thing to because the kids got plenty of candy at the church.

Here's a better picture of Lakitu, remember him now?

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment